What is the project about?
The EU The Public Administration Reform under the Sector Reform Contract supports the current reforms by giving advice on the policies, by providing technical support and support for creating institutional and human resources.
The Public Administration Reform (PAR) in Serbia aims to create a public administration based on the principles of the European administrative space, that is, an administration that provides high-quality services to citizens and the economy and has a positive impact on the standard of citizens’ lives. Public Administration Reform relies on the principles of decentralisation, professionalisation, rationalisation and modernisation.
The EU for PAR under the Sector Reform Contract Project supports the implementation of the new legal framework for evidence-based policymaking and strategic planning through:
· Providing advice in the process of development and adoption of policies,
· Supporting the revision or development of new public policy documents related to PAR
· Improving institutional and human resource capacity building with regards to the implementation of the reform in the development of public policies and PAR in general.
Through its activities, the Project aims to strengthen the functioning of the public administration to be more efficient, accountable and transparent. In this way, public administration will offer better quality services to the citizens and businesses in the Republic of Serbia.
- Public Administration
- EuropeAid reference
- Support to Policy Making and Management Process
- Capacity Building
- Support for Further Development of the PAR Strategic Framework
- Support to the Implementation of the PAR Sector Reform Contract
- City / District
- EU Contribution
- 2,884,750 €
- Implementation period
- March 2018 - January 2021
- Ministry of Public Administration and Local Self- Government (MPALSG) and the Public Policy Secretariat of the Republic of Serbia (PPS); Secondary Beneficiaries are the Office for IT and eGovernment, the Ministry of Finance (MoF), the National Academy of Public Administration (NAPA), the Human Resource Management Service (HRMS), the General Secretariat of the Government, the Ministry of European Integration (MEI) and the Office for Cooperation with Civil Society as well as Senior Officials of Line Ministries and other Centre of Government Agencies that are involved in implementing PAR.
- Implemented by
- Consortium led by GOPA mbH